R&A Associates advised and assisted an Australian company to Incorporate its Wholly Owned Subsidiary in India. The Indian subsidiary (“Client”) continues to avail our Corporate Secretarial services on an ongoing basis.
About the Client - The Client is a leading supplier of end to end document and digital solutions to the legal industry providing expert litigation support through cost-effective document production, expert discovery management and specialist court services. The client has a global presence and renders services to some of the largest law firms, companies and government agencies.
Our Association and work- We have been associated with the client since the inception of Indian entity in 2017. We undertook the following:
- advised the client on the structuring the company as the Wholly owned subsidiary of its parent entity
- undertook the drafting of its Charter documents in line with its business objective and completed the process of Incorporation of the Company thereby brining the entity into existence
- undertook all the basic registrations needed to start the business operations
- advised the client on the mode for receipt of subscription money from the parent entity and undertook the reporting with RBI for the Foreign Direct Investment
- assisted them in meeting the requirements of having a Indian Resident Director on their Board
As the Directors of the parent Company are also the directors on the Board of the Indian subsidiary, our senior team had to closely deal with the Foreign Directors to educate them on the compliance requirements under Companies Act, 2013 and hand hold them at each stage.
We continue to be associated with the client and provide ongoing compliance support under Companies Act & FEMA on a Retainership basis. We also extend all our support and cooperation to their accounting and audit team by ensuring that the compliances are up to date and there are no qualifications/remarks from their auditors.
While the Client has grown immensely in size and complexity so has our relationship with our client which is valuable and rewarding.
Do write to us in case you want to know more at email@example.com