June 23, 2017
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/rnacs520/public_html/wp-content/themes/vision_wp/template_inc/loop-index.php on line 217
Hello Everyone, GST- The Game changer for E-Commerce sector has paved its way for implementation from 1st July 2017. Migrating to Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a time to revisit the taxation policies and remove the anomalies. Goods and Services Tax (GST) is expected to provide the much-needed stimulant for economic growth in India by transforming the existing basis of indirect taxation towards free flow of goods and services within the economy. Small and Medium Enterprises and Startups will be affected the most with the rollout of the GST and the impact will be favorable in many ways opening gateways for more business in the economy. A few of the factors causing ease are:
- GST enables a centralized registration that will make starting and consequent expansion of a business easier - an added advantage for SMEs.
- The government mulls the exemption limit under GST to be twenty lakhs giving relief to over 60% of small dealers and traders.
- Clubbing Taxes: The biggest challenge of GST implementation is bringing all the indirect taxes under one roof, which is the biggest feature of GST. There has been an opposition on this asking to include purchase tax by a few states.
- Statutory Requirements: It is seen as a difficult task as the law expects at least two-thirds majority from the members of the parliament and that isn’t easy given the current political scenario of the country.
- Make-shift Arrangements: State governments are demanding compensation from the central government as they foresee a major dent in the revenue due to CST losses.
- Framework for Tax Disputes: There has to be a uniform legal procedure for tax disputes and litigations to avoid any confusion.
- Determining GST Rates: This is a major step in ensuring the success of GST. Arriving at rates which are conducive to both the government and public will be a daunting task.